Friday, November 4, 2011

A Moment.

I wish I could paint you a picture with my words, hoping to capture the essence of a beautiful moment.

I wish I could describe the feeling of the tall grass tickling my legs as I forge upward.

I wish I could describe the moment as I reach the top, the sun blinding, and as I shield my eyes
I suddenly feel warmth, and the sun swallows me.
As I sink to the ground, grass tickling my face, I smell wild flowers flowing as freely as my blood pumps, and in that moment there is nothing else.

I wish I could describe the chill crawling towards me as the sky streaks red and pink shooting in every direction, yet so perfectly placed.
As the sun sinks lower the warmth I felt is being stolen by the night.
I walked back down the hill with the smell of wild flowers and sweet grass lingering behind me; stars start to appear and the night chill sets in.

I wish I could describe the joy I felt as suddenly I broke out into a sprint, running down that hill away from a perfect moment, tripping and laughing as night rolls in.

I wish I could describe it all to you, and that through these words you could experience this moment with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment